33%
Other ideas
33%

Total votes: 6

Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Sew or just use a belt?

Post by Jim »

I like this dress but it is too long, dragging on the floor. (Well, maybe it's not too long; I'm just too short.)
DSCN4354cs.jpg
I can put a belt on and hang it over the belt like this. I'm not sure if it looks right or not.
DSCN4353cs.jpg
What do folks think?

I see this new poll feature, so I wanted to try it out--but more detailed feedback would also be welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sew or just use a belt?

Post by Mouse »

My idea is a big petticoat that would push the whole skirt out and therefore off the ground!
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Starting with personal tastes: a skirt worn that high emphasis the breast area, which doesn't work for a man. Second thing, horizontal lines generally don't valorize body's curves, it may gives undesirable visual effects. If you're skilled enough for this and if you have enough textile for it, I would go for undoing the skirt, cutting it in bands, and reassembling them so that you now have a skirt with vertical lines instead (they're generally more flattering for the lower part of the body) and with a correct height.

Back to choosing between keeping it this way, adjusting with a belt, or reducing it, I would suggest to reduce it. With the belt, it gives an "enlarged effect" at your stomach, like if you were wearing a buoy, but the height is cool. But I appreciate more the drape of the skirt from your first picture.

Now, what matters the most here... is on the first hand: getting a result that you like :-)
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'ld cut off the bottom multi-colored band and hem the dress along the bottom of
the red/blue bands, just above where you cut the dress off. It would no longer be
a "floor sweeper" and hit around your ankles.

Just my $.02 worth :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)